The total number of TAs working in English schools is down for the first time ever – but encouraging signs from the MITA project show how a strategic focus on TAs can unlock their potential.
MITA Staff Survey
Our 'self-service' survey lets you manage your own online staff surveys:
- Time-saving, easy to administer and FREE to use
- Online version of the staff survey in the TA Deployment Review Guide
- Allows staff to share experiences and views about practice anonymously
- Robust, field-tested questions based on our extensive research and work with schools
- Provides unique weblinks to give your staff access to your surveys
- Automatically generates a downloadable PDF report of survey results
- Results help identify areas of strength and areas for development
- Supports on-going evaluation and monitoring processes.
To get started, click to register for the app using the blue button on the right.
Download our quick start guide to setting up and managing surveys.
VUWBO is a lesson observation app and online reporting tool designed to support busy leaders and teachers to:
- Diagnose the impact of teaching on learning and monitor changes over time
- Develop observation and feedback skills
- Identify key strengths and areas for improvement
- Enhance classroom practice
VUWBO's Teaching Assistants feature, designed with MITA's Rob Webster, focuses on the central issues of TA deployment and preparation, and their interactions with students. Use the evaluation descriptors and guidance on gathering evidence to baseline current practice, support CPD and monitor improvement.
For more information, visit www.vuwbo.com/tools-features-vuwbo-teaching-assistants/
Please note, the VUWBO app is not housed on this website.