Research evidence can’t offer certainties, but it can help school leaders make better decisions.
MITA Direct brings our school improvement course to you. The course guides school leaders through a process of review and implementation, based on our extensive research and evidence-based guidance.
- Three half-days input for school leaders covering the research evidence on TAs, strategic thinking and planning, changing classroom practice, and capturing impact
- A comprehensive set of guidance, tools and resources, including a copy of our acclaimed book Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants for each school
- Access to our school-based Maximising the Practice of TAs training for TAs and teachers.
How does MITA Direct work?
Simply put, we bring our course to you. So far, we've delivered the course in London, Plymouth, North Yorkshire and on the Island of Jersey.
We work with a host organisation, such as a teaching school alliance, local authority, multi academy trust, federation or school cluster, which hosts three half-day sessions for school leaders.
We agree the times, dates and venues as part of the commissioning process. The course can be delivered from a central location or shared across a two or three venues. For example, three schools within a cluster might host a session each.
How many delegates are required to run MITA Direct?
Due to the strategic and reflective nature of sessions for school leaders, we strongly recommend each school sends two members of SLT. The number of delegates required to make the course viable will vary depending on how the host organisation plans to cover the costs. Some hosts charge per delegate; others prefer to charge per school. We recommend running MITA Direct with no more than 40 delegates per session.
How much does it cost to host MITA Direct?
The fee we charge hosts is determined by the number of participating schools:
- Up to 10 schools = £3,995 (plus VAT)
- Between 11 and 15 schools = £4,995 (plus VAT)
- Between 16 and 20 schools = £5,995 (plus VAT)
This is an ‘all-inclusive’ flat fee, which means host organisations pay the same price wherever they are in the UK. The fee covers not only the delivery of all the training, but a comprehensive pack of high-quality guidance, tools and resources, copies of Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants, but also all the course leader’s travel and accommodation expenses.
How can I find out more about bringing MITA Direct to my area?
For more information, or to arrange a discussion with one of our team, email us at email@example.com.